August 25, 2024

SERVE THE LORD

As for me and my household, 
we will serve the Lord.
JOSHUA 24:15

1 Joshua gathered together all the tribes of Israel at Shechem, summoning their elders, their leaders, their judges and their officers. When they stood in ranks before God, 2 Joshua addressed all the people, 

15 “If it does not please you to serve the Lord, decide today whom you will serve, the gods your fathers served beyond the river or the gods of the Amorites in whose country you are dwelling. As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” 

16 But the people answered, “Far be it from us to forsake the Lord for the service of other gods. 17 For it was the Lord, our God, who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, out of a state of slavery. He performed those great miracles before our very eyes and protected us along our entire journey and among all the peoples through whom we passed. 

18 Therefore we also will serve the Lord, for he is our God.”


Reflection and Prayer

Father in heaven, day after day, You have brought upon me great miracles and blessings. From being worldly, you have turned me to be godly.

Each day, you give me new life, beginning with my most treasured time with you. From the time I wake up in the morning, You breathe new life in me. You have deeply penetrated the core of my being in the sense that my life will never be complete if I will not start the day by being with You. It has been my way of life since You have called upon me to serve You.

It was you my Lord and my God who brought me up out of a state of slavery into freedom and abundance. You performed great miracles before my very eyes and protected me along my entire journey and among all the peoples through whom I passed. Therefore I will serve you my Lord, for You are my one and true God.

There is nothing that I can do without You O Lord, my God. In every move I make, your Hand is always there to protect and guide me. In your mighty hands, I claim victory over all of life challenges. May your Spirit always be upon me so that in everything I do, you will be praised and glorified. 

I can see and experience the light of your love that gives true meaning to what life is all about. Thank you so much for being with me every moment of my life and keeping me close to your heart. 

With much love and thanksgiving I humbly pray in Jesus Name. Amen.




As the LORD lives, whom I serve, 
I will receive none.
2 KINGS 5:16


14 Naaman went down and plunged into the Jordan seven times at the word of Elisha, the man of God. His flesh became again like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean of his leprosy. 15 Naaman returned with his whole retinue to the man of God. On his arrival, he stood before Elisha and said, “Now I know that there is no God in all the earth, except in Israel. Please accept a gift from your servant.” 

16 Elisha replied, “As the Lord lives whom I serve, I will not take it”; and despite Naaman’s urging, he still refused. 

17 Naaman said: “If you will not accept, please let me, your servant, have two mule-loads of earth, for I will no longer offer holocaust or sacrifice to any other god except to the Lord.”



Published:
August 14, 2023, 8:03  AM
August 22, 2021, 6:50 AM
October 10, 2010, 6:42 AM